Chilaquiles is an old and classic Mexican. It is usually made with corn tortillas cut in quarters and deep fried. Mole or salsa is normally covering the totopos.
This one is another popular breakfast dish that is made complete with the addition of Garlic Zinger. It can be microwaved instead of baked, though I wouldn’t recommend it.
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped
- 4 Chipotles in Adobo, chopped
- 2-3 TBS Garlic Zinger
- 1 small onion, chopped
- .5 C chicken stock
- 4 eggs, beat
- 1 C shredded cheddar cheese
- Chopped cilantro (optional – garnish)
- 6 tortillas, cut into 8 “pizza slices”
- Vegetable Oil
- Preheat oven to 300F
- Add tomatoes, chipotles, garlic, onion and chicken stock to a blender and puree.
- Add puree sauce mix to a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer until thickened, about 15 minutes.
- Heat 1 inch of vegetable oil. Fry the tortilla slices a few seconds per side until soft.
- Drain on paper towels and then line a 8×8 casserole dish with tortilla slices.
- Add the sauce to the eggs. Then layer the egg mixture and cheese. You should have 3 layers of each.
- Bake for about 15 minutes, garnish with cilantro and serve.