Fire-Roasted Chorizo Jalapeno Poppers.
- Half a sweet onion, minced
- four jalapenos, minced
- two cloves garlic, minced
- your favorite hot sauce
- small bunch of cilantro, minced
- 3/4 lb fresh chorizo (or use ground pork and season to taste based on the spices found in a good chorizo recipe)
- 1/2 lb cream cheese
- 1 lb shredded monterey jack cheese (or cheddar-jack)
- 2 lbs Jalapenos to stuff, cut in half lengthwise and de-seeded
- Heat a large saucepan over medium heat and add everything but the cilantro and cheeses.
- Break up chorizo as much as possible as if you were cooking meat for a pasta sauce.
- Cook until onions and jalapenos are tender and excess water has just barely boiled away.
- Drain any excess fat (a couple of tablespoons in there would be okay – this all depends on the quality of your chorizo).
- Add the cilantro and cook for just a minute.
- Remove from heat, break up cream cheese and mix it in. Once cream cheese is melted, add shredded jack cheese and blend thoroughly.
- Stuff halved jalapenos with filling,
- Roast over an open flame grill for 10 min or until filling is browned and peppers are soft. Excess filling will keep in the fridge for a week.
- after cooked, Drizzle with Hot Sauce