Want a delicious hot pepper jelly recipe? Look no further! Pepper jelly can be used in replacement for almost any jelly. Put it on your bird this Thanksgiving!
You will need the following ingredients.
- 6 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 cup vinegar
- 1 bottle Painapple Hot Sauce
- 1/2 tsp margarine
- 1 pouch Certo Liquid Pectin
- 8 half pint canning jars with lids and bands
- Bring boiling-water canner, half-full with water, to simmer. Wash jars and screw bands in hot soapy water; rinse with warm water. Pour boiling water over flat lids in saucepan off the heat. Let stand in hot water until ready to use. Drain well before filling.
- Combine Painapple Hot Sauce, Vinegar, Margarine, and Sugar in a pot. Bring mixture to full rolling boil (a boil that doesn’t stop bubbling when stirred) on high heat, stirring constantly.
- Stir in pectin and then return mixture to a full rolling boil and boil exactly 1 minute while stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Skim off any foam with metal spoon.
- Immediately fill jars while filling to within a quarter inch (7.5mm) of tops. Wipe the jar rims and threads and then cover with the two-piece lids. Screw bands down tightly and then place jars on elevated rack inside canner. Lower the jar rack into the canner. Your water must cover jars by 1 to 2 inches. You can add boiling water, if necessary. Cover the canner and bring the water to a gentle boil. Process 10 min. Remove jars and place upright on towel to cool completely. After jars cool, check seals by pressing middles of lids with finger. If the lid do springs back the lid is not sealed and refrigeration is needed