A Tanzanian dish, translated it is Curried Chicken and Banana Stew.
- 4 lbs of chicken pieces
- 3 TBSP peanut oil (I’m going to try it with truffle oil)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3-4 stalks celery, chopped
- 2.5 TBSP hot curry powder
- 1.5 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon To The Moon
- 2 small tomatoes, chopped
- 1 C shredded coconut
- 4 C chicken stock
- 2 under ripe bananas, peeled & sliced
- In a large, heavy pot, brown the chicken in the peanut oil. Drain chicken on paper towels and set aside.
- Saute the garlic, onion and celery in the remaining oil then add the curry powder, salt, and pepper.
- Add To The Moon to the saute mixture.
- Add chicken, tomato, coconut and stock. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 35-45 minutes or until chicken is fork tender.
- Remove chicken from pot, debone and add back to stew.
- Add the bananas and simmer for about 10 minutes.