Habanero chili con carne is some of the best stuff to eat on the planet. We will guide you through making the best habanero chili. We like to make this in the winter time to warm us up. This is a hearty and smokey chili that you wont want to miss! Do you ask yourself “How do I make chili con carne?” Find out here!
- 4 Fresh Habanero Peppers
- 2-3 Pounds Cubed Beef or Ground Beef
- 2 Large Yellow Onions
- 8 Cloves Garlic
- 1 small bell pepper
- 4 cans stewed tomatoes
- 1 can tomato sauce
- 3 cans (16 oz.) Red Beans
- 1 can (10 oz.) Tomato Paste
- 2 Cups Water
- 4 Tablespoons Chili Powder
- 1/2 tablespoon of smoked Habanero Powder
- 2 Tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon coarse ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon cilantro
- Brown meat in a large heavy gauge stockpot or dutch oven
- Chop onions, garlic, bell peppers, and add it to ground beef. Stir in and heat it very briefly
- Add stewed tomatoes, sauce, paste, beans (un-drained), and water
- Bring to a boil and reduce heat.
- While it is boiling, add in your chili powder, salt, pepper, cumin, honey, oregano, and cilantro and mix thoroughly.
- Wash, de-stem, and halve the habanero peppers and then you can optionally remove the seeds to reduce the heat.
- Add habanero halves and simmer for a minimum of two hours in order to get the full flavor and heat from them.
- You don’t have to use habanero peppers, you can use ghost peppers or jalapenos. It all depends on your heat tolerance.