Make your own homemade crisp spicy dill pickles, WITHOUT having to dig out the pressure cooker or canner! This “No-Canning” method is great for serving up fresh and crisp spicy dill pickles during get-togethers
You will need:
- 1 or 2 Cucumbers
- 3 or 4 peppers of your choice OR several drops of hot sauce
- 1 Tablespoon Dried Dill Weed (or 1/4 cup fresh dill sprigs)
- 3 Garlic Cloves – chopped
- 2 teaspoons Kosher Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Black Peppercorns
- 1 tbsp Mustard Seed
- 3 Tablespoons White Vinegar
- Bottled Water (Or Filtered Water)
- Quart Canning Jar with a Lid
Wash and slice the cucumbers into spears (or chips).
Pack the cucumbers into the canning jar . Add salt, garlic, dill, peppercorns and fresh peppers OR hot sauce. Add 4 TBS of Vinegar, then add water to fill the remainder of the jar. Replace the lid and shake vigorously to dissolve the salt and spices. You will need to let it set overnight to get the most flavor of these spicy dill pickles. In the morning, shake the mason jar yet again, and let it set for another 24 hours.
KEEP THESE SPICY DILL PICKLES REFRIGERATED! The pickles are perfect after 24hours and can be stored up to around 2 weeks, but don’t you worry, they won’t last nearly that long